Numerous homeowners understand the dangers of humidity in the house only to a certain degree. That is, they use dehumidifiers for the rooms but they ignore the crawl space. Why is it so important not to ignore the crawl space anymore? Well, you need to understand that as the air rises in your house, it basically carries with it everything that was previously in the crawl space. And by everything, we mean dangerous things such as mold spores, moisture and anything else down there. Basically, the air at the lowest point of the house eventually reaches your living room so this is why we insist on the importance of resolving the air humidity issue in the crawl space as well. You should make sure you get a good dehumidifier for your crawl space as this device will help you in lots of ways. There are a few good reasons why you should make such an investment; see them in the list below.
1. Health protection. By using a crawl space dehumidifier, you improve the air quality in your home and by doing this, you protect your health. High humidity levels lead to irritation, allergies, skin problems and serious problems of the respiratory system, so it is really important to reduce the humidity levels in the house. The presence of dust mites and mold spores in the air will be significantly reduced, so here is one good reason why you should definitely buy such a device.
2. Pest protection. Did you know that pest infestations are believed to cause more damage to homes than storms and fires altogether? By using an air dehumidifier, you obtain moisture control and create an environment that is not very attractive for pest anymore. This is how you efficiently get pest protection.
3. Improved structural integrity. When the humidity level in the crawl space is too high, there is a high chance that condensation will appear. When this happens, the likelihood for the wood to rot is also increased. I think that it is obvious why the use of a good dehumidifier is so important for the crawl space.
4. Improved living comfort. When there are high humidity levels in the house, you and your family might start feeling hot and sick. You will also feel quite sticky. Control humidity levels in the house and we can assure you that you will experience a huge change for the better.
5. Reduced energy use. Last but not least, we would like you to understand the fact that you will even manage to save money by reducing humidity levels in the house. Your air conditioning system will become more efficient, thus using less energy, so your energy costs will be much reduced.
I think that it is now clear why you should not waste time anymore and buy an air dehumidifier for your crawl space. The experts at Air Professor have some great recommendations for you, so visit their official website and see what they chose as top investments.